Wednesday, 1 November 2017

Rach Eats Lunch: Yorkshire Pudding Wraps with Marmite Roast Potato Bites

Yorkshire pudding wraps recipe


Day three of "I'm stuck in a mental rut and I'm eating the fridge," and I am currently contemplating what to put on the shopping list. As you do. I've got loads of new ingredients to add to my capsule wardrobe of treats, and I can't wait to share them with you. Today has been a bit interesting in that I've burst a blood vessel in my finger - how? I was doing the hoovering up earlier and then had an immense pain in my, er, middle finger. Won't be using that one in a hurry. Either way, it's been hard holding things like milk bottles and the like.

Now, today I'm hoping to break the internet. I've made the latest sensation to sweep the country into a frenzy... and no, I haven't made a magical colour-changing dress or done an insane dance routine on a treadmill. I've made Yorkshire pudding wraps! The original BBC News video got way over a million views on Facebook and it split opinion like crazy - some said, "Woohoo, bring it on!" and others said, "That is not how you eat a Yorkshire pudding. I'm fumin', babes." Me, I was definitely a woohoo-er. I love trying new things, and if wrapping a flat Yorkie pudding around meat is an option, I'll be there. Second of all, I've Marmite-d my spuds, because Yorkshire pudding and Sunday meat (okay, I've put veggie sausages in, but who cares) needs crispy, savoury potatoes to complete the set. It's a roast dinner in a wrap, basically, and it's so easy to create. You'll see. *wink*




print recipe

Yorkshire Pudding Wraps with Marmite Roast Potato Bites
Roast dinner on a plate, you can switch this up with any roast meat you like - beef, chicken, you name it.
Ingredients
  • 60g plain flour
  • 60ml soya milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 vegetarian sausages
  • 1 microwaveable jacket potato
  • 1 teaspoon Marmite
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
Instructions
Start off by measuring out the milk and flour into a jug. Beat an egg and add it to the mixture. Give the batter a-whiskin' and allow it to settle for about thirty minutes.Line a baking tray and preheat the oven to 200℃. Additionally, grease and line a big round sandwich tin. Microwave the jacket potato and give it fifteen minutes or so to cool down.Chop the jacket potato into chunks - think bites, not wedges - and add to the baking tray along with the veggie sausages. On the potatoes only, drizzle over oil. In a little mug, add the Marmite with a teeny splash of boiling hot water. Whisk it together and pour over the potatoes.Add the baking tray with spuds and sausages to the middle of the oven and leave for 30 minutes, turning throughout cooking until piping hot.At the twenty minute mark, give the batter a quick stir and pour it into the cake tin. Put the cake tin in the oven (top shelf) for 10-12 minutes maximum. Do not open the oven door.Once the Yorkshire pudding cooking time has lapsed, turn off the oven and pull out the pudding wrap first. It should look fluffy and golden brown. You may get big bubbles in the top of the pudding, which is fine - gently poke a hole in it with a sharp knife to deflate it. Unpeel it and place the bobbly side face up.Remove the sausages and roast potatoes from the oven. Thinly butterfly (diagonal cuts) the sausages and add to the edge of the wrap, but don't overfill it! Roll it over and over to make a wrap.Finish off by adding the roast potatoes to the plate, slicing the wrap down the middle and eating it immediately. Possibly with a side of gravy...
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: Makes 1


Okay, I admit it - my photos don't do it justice at all, and my food styling skills are shocking. Possibly because I was a bit excited to eat it, but, you know. Either way, it's easy and ridiculously tasty and well worth trying at home. You could switch it up with leftover roast dinner meat, or stick a sausage in it like I did. Either way, just try it, people!


Marmite roast potatoes recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?