Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Dress: Winter Warmers, With The Sock Shop

Heat Holders thermal socks

Heat Holders thermal socks

It's that time of year again - winter is in full swing, which means bundling up in warm coats, wearing scarves, hats and gloves, and, if this season is anything to go by, getting soaked in the rain. To be honest, there's nothing better than coming home to warm slipper socks. When The Sock Shop asked me if I wanted to try two of their products, I said yes immediately! Who doesn't like socks? I definitely was pleasantly surprised when a big parcel full of awesomeness arrived on my doorstep a few days later...

First up, I tried out the original Heat Holder thermal socks, which are a gorgeous shade of purple. The Heat Holder socks are so warm, they even have a tog rating of 2.34! My feet are some of the coldest around, so I wasn't quite expecting my freezing cold toes to warm up at all... but they did! It didn't take long either. I was seriously impressed - what a fantastic idea! They're very comfy, and fully lined with a thick fleecy material which makes my feet feel like they're walking on clouds. I use these to wear around the house and as slipper socks, but I could also imagine these being used out and about - especially on cold wintery walks and to line snowboots. I am in love with them - they're affordable and also come in several other colours too, which makes them perfect for pretty much anyone. They're also available for men and for children, too. I fully recommend these socks!

Gentle Grip socks

Gentle Grip socks

Next up, I wore the Gentle Grip socks - I received three pairs of socks, each of which I put through their paces while on my college placement! The Gentle Grip socks are unique because they have a special honeycomb top that prevents the socks from cutting into your skin and leaving red rings around your ankles! They're also suitable for people who experience problems with their circulation. As someone who has previously suffered from a deep vein thrombosis, I know firsthand how difficult it can be wearing socks (and shoes) while coping with a swollen leg - these socks are great because they're stretchy, especially around the top, and they don't leave any marks when you take them off! They are great. Even though the material is thinner than your regular socks, they're still incredibly warm and very easy to wear. I love these socks, I even love that the logo is stitched into the soles! I can also report that these socks are great quality and lasted perfectly through a whole day of being on my feet!

I really enjoyed testing out my new socks and know I'll definitely continue to wear them during the colder months. Thank you, Sock Shop!



This is a sponsored post in collaboration with The Sock Shop - I was sent these products for free in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?