Monday, 1 December 2014

Dress: Layering Is Always A Good Idea #dearsally

IMG_3985.jpg IMG_3990.jpg

Outfit: c/o Long Tall Sally

I had the best parcel ever on Friday afternoon - I received a large box with my name on it, and as I opened it I became more and more excited! Long Tall Sally sent me one of the outfits I blogged about! *squeals* The Christmas Shopping outfit, to be exact. It was definitely one of my favourites to compile. I love nothing better than wearing casual clothes, and I wanted to create something layered, fun and on-trend. Sometimes, when I dream up outfits involving layering, I don't quite get it right, but I know I definitely got this one spot on!

IMG_3998.jpg IMG_4002.jpg

(Pardon me while I pose in my back garden!) As I mentioned in my original post, you absolutely need something comfortable to go Christmas shopping in, and I put it to the test on Saturday. It was my Mum's birthday, so we spent the day wandering around a nearby town, stopping for coffee, window shopping and lunch. It was blissful, and I felt like a million dollars wearing this outfit! Not to mention comfortable, too. The leggings are soft and wooly, which was perfect for a mild day like Saturday. They're definitely stretchy, and if you prefer a smaller fit, order a size down. If, like me, you love food and need that extra breathing space, order your regular size!

IMG_4028.jpg

I loved wearing my fresh new white shirt under the jumper. There's nothing like adding a collar to a jumper, it lifts the outfit and gives it a preppy look! The jumper itself is lovely and lightweight, and the Eiffel tower print is just fabulous. It's embroidered in a wispy woolly fabric, which is so fluffy and strokeable. I love it.

IMG_4041.jpg

And finally, my coat. I don't know where to start with my coat, I really am impressed with it. I've always fancied a wax-style jacket, and this fits the bill. It's not too heavy, it has both a zip and buttons (which is great for rainy days), and it's deceptively warm. I sized up so that I can fit a hoodie/jumper underneath, and it's perfect. It feels so cosy and warm, it's like wearing a sleeping bag. I really didn't want to take it off when I got home. (I didn't, either. Not for half an hour, anyway!) The pockets are nice and big, and the pockets at the top are so deep, I have no idea where they end!

I just loved wearing this outfit on Saturday - I felt comfortable, confident, cosy, and happy! I will definitely wear this combination again. I've already got an event in mind! A massive thank you goes out to Long Tall Sally for sending me this wonderful outfit, I was so thrilled to receive it, and I can't wait to continue wearing it for months to come.


This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Long Tall Sally. The outfit was sent to me free of charge - all words are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?