Monday, 24 November 2014

Eat: Christmas Chocolate Cookies

Chocolate cookies

It's that time of year again! Time to start thinking of all the amazing food to make and eat over the festive period. I don't know about you, but sometimes homemade treats are often the best, especially when they're made with love. So, in association with the awesome folk at LV.com as part of their Very British Christmas Cookbook, I'm sharing my favourite chocolate cookie recipe with you today! It's simple, egg-free and they can be decorated, too. And the most important part of all is? They're delicious. Enough said. You could definitely give these to a friend or relative... but they'll want the recipe afterwards, so be prepared, okay? Also, this recipe makes a lot of cookies, which is perfect for presents, a cake sale, or a very hungry family. You decide!

Ingredients:

134g self raising flour
113g margarine (substitute for soya margarine if you're dairy free, like me!)
127g granulated sugar
28g cocoa powder

Method:

1. Using a stand mixer, food processor or sheer elbow grease, mix together all the ingredients listed above.
2. Once it forms a pliable dough, roll it into a sausage shape and chop it into pieces of about 1cm thick. Alternatively, roll the dough out and use Christmassy cookie cutters.
3. Turn the oven up to 180°c. While you're waiting, place the cookies onto several baking trays lined with greaseproof paper, leaving plenty of space between each cookie. It will spread during baking, so beware!
4. Bake the cookies for about twenty minutes, checking halfway through baking. You may need to repeat the baking process several times.
5. Allow them to cool before decorating and eating.

These cookies are my favourite, because they're so crumbly and chocolatey! I hope you enjoy them. Let me know how you got on!

Do you have a favourite cookie recipe? If so, let me know in the comments!


This is a sponsored post with LV.com - all words are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?