Saturday, 16 August 2014

The Awesome Lady meets The Liebster Blog Award!

IMG_9425.jpg

The very lovely Stephanie from Blood, Sweat and Heels nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award - which is an award for bloggers with followers under two hundred people! It's also a great way of meeting new friends and getting to know one another. Stephanie gave me a list of questions to answer, so here goes it!

1. What inspired you to start blogging?

Ooh, well, it all came about three years ago. Unfortunately I was made redundant, and the day after I found out I was, putting it mildly, freaking out about what I was going to do with my life. So I decided I was going to become a famous blogger. I started from there, deciding that I was going to write about fashion and food and all sorts of random stuff. Three years later, I'm still posting, but it's grown into a blog which features my photography, adventures, and a few outfit posts/recipes. And nope, I'm not a famous blogger. It takes a lot more than you realise to make it that far!

2. What's the bravest thing you've ever done?

Looked over the edge of a very steep cliff (which was fenced off, so I couldn't fall) - but although I never feel scared of heights, that made me nervous!

3. If you could meet with one famous person/iconic figure (dead or alive) who would it be?

The Queen. I think she's awesome.

4. What's your favourite thing about blogging?

Being free to write about anything I like - and if something doesn't work out or I'm no longer in interested in writing about it, I can try something else.

5. If you could have any talent in the world, what would it be?

I'd love to be able to dance, sing or be able to run a marathon!

6. Savoury or sweet?

I love sweet food, although after a while I end up fancying a bag of crisps! I absolutely love salted and sweet popcorn for that reason - it's the best of both worlds, and it's tasty.

7. Do you have a favourite quote?

From artwork in one of my favourite books, You Are So Loved: "Conceive, Believe, Achieve."

8. What's the story behind your blog's name?

I have no idea, genuinely! It just jumped out at me as I was thinking of titles for the blog, and I decided to go with it! Of course, I'm awesome... and I'm a lady...

9. Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Collecting Now! That's What I Call Music CDs... all the way back to 1997. It's one of the best guilty pleasures ever.

10. What are you scared of?

I'm not a fan of needles - although I've had plenty of blood tests in my life so far, I'm still not used to it! Weirdly enough, I have to look when it's being done. Although I can't look when it's other people having needles or operations on TV, I do find reading up on random medical conditions fascinating...

11. Do you eat to live or live to eat?

Oh, I live to eat! I love trying new food, and baking new recipes. Food is just great. I love it!

Thank you for my questions, Stephanie! I am now going to nominate eleven people for the award, and give them eleven questions to answer!

I have nominated:

1. Melissa Zia
2. Medicated Follower Of Fashion
3. Mama... Bare
4. Kirsty's View
5. Cherry Soda
6. Mungleville
7. Lilypads & Lovehearts
8. Modal Corpus
9. Cinders & Rain

Okay, big apologies, I'm struggling to think of eleven people! But here are the rules anyway:


  • Link back to the blogger that nominated you
  • Answer the 11 questions that blogger has asked you
  • Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and come up with 11 questions for them. 
  • You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you
  • You must let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so they can learn about the award.

And here are the questions:

1. If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why?
2. If you could choose one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What's your favourite book?
4. What inspired you to take up blogging?
5. If you could offer advice for any new bloggers, what would it be?
6. Any regrets whilst blogging?
7. What was the naughtiest thing you did as a child?
8. What should you actually be doing right now?
9. What's your favourite photo you've taken and why?
10. Do you have a favourite piece of jewellery you always wear? What is it?

Thank you Stephanie, for nominating me, and I can't wait to see everyone's entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?