Thursday, 31 July 2014

Adventures: Onto Amroth, Day Two


IMG_9614.jpg

IMG_9619.jpg

IMG_9626.jpg

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9644.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9658.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg

IMG_9759.jpg

IMG_9771.jpg

IMG_9783.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9869.jpg

IMG_9820.jpg

Crikey, how many photos?! It was amazing to be back at Amroth. After the huge storms the country experienced in January, Amroth didn't fare at all well. Parts of the main road and the sea wall was completely destroyed and there were roadworks aplenty for a couple of months! Thankfully, everything is now back to normal, and it was great to be able to sit in our spot and watch the waves and the tide coming in. We had a lovely long two mile walk along the shore and then explored the rock pools at the far left of the beach. I haven't been here before, not since childhood, so it was great to have a really good look! We discovered caves, and a massive rock. I think I've found my new favourite part of Amroth, although it's slippery underfoot! After a huge Sunday roast at the local pub I went back and did my traditional picking a pebble, paddling in the sea, and writing a letter home. What an awesome day. Till next time, Amroth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?