Sunday, 1 September 2013

Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt - August 2013

Hello and welcome to August's CPSH photos! It's been a funny old month which I can only describe as one that's gone by seriously fast, but it's also been action packed, too: we went on holiday for a long weekend, and visited a few beautiful places along the way. In other news I've taken up learning to run, which is an experience. Although I'm not amazing at it, I'm finding it easier as I go along. And it's fun seeing the miles add up on the app I'm using to track my process... :-) And I'm also a bit full of adrenaline after flying down a hill this afternoon, although it was scary as hell as I didn't think I was going to stop!

Anyway, on with the show! Joining me this month are:

Sally at Diario
Serotiny at Hundred Acre Farm

If you've also taken part in this month's CPSH please let me know in the comments and I'll be happy to update this post with a link!

Here are my entries for this month:

Dessert!

Something I Made: Cinnamon Tortilla Chips! I saw these on The Pioneer Woman a few weeks ago and tried it out last week. I'm so glad tortillas come in packets of eight because I completely messed up the recipe and the whole thing came out burnt and too sugary. I tried again the next day and discovered using smaller quantities (you only need half a cup of sugar and two teaspoons of cinnamon, and about two tablespoons of butter), cutting the tortillas into smaller chunks and using a pair of tongs for the dipping makes it so much easier. Oh, and baking for eight minutes. The second attempt was so much better. I had it with ice cream.

Kymin Panarama (the really good version)

Inspiration: We went out for one of our famous adventures yesterday and visited a National Trust property called the Kymin. It has a round building, a Navy monument and incredible views of Monmouth, Abergavenny and the surrounding area. I was inspired to create a panorama in Photoshop Elements using several of my photos. It turned out really well and I was very impressed with the results!

IMG_8441.jpg

Adventure: We had three this month so it was hard to choose! This photo is from my holiday in Tenby where we visited the best beach of them all (Amroth), and a wasp stung my arm, which was painful, and annoying. I always enjoy the adventure of travelling, especially when you have company as awesome as my family!

1003357_10151875290183825_1320532851_n.jpg

Drink: Another one from our holiday! We had a fab meal out in a pub beer garden and had lemon and lime sodas despite what the pint glasses say. (I don't drink, unfortunately!) We also found ourselves playing a game or two of Giant Jenga before our meals arrived. There was a go kart track as well, which I was so very tempted to have a go on if it wasn't for the fact the karts were child-sized!

IMG_8151.jpg

Motif: Cameras - This is my favourite tote bag ever, it's covered in vintage cameras! I found it on ASOS and love it as it's huge and easy to fold flat. I'm all about camera-printed everything.

I hope you enjoyed this month's CPSH! Please let me know if you've taken part in the comments. I can't wait to see everyone's entries! I'll be back in a week or so with a favourites post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?