Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Wednesday Words: Procrastination

wednesdaywords copy

The truth...

As I write this, I'm looking at a busy, overfilled to do list. Write cards, says one entry. Make stuff, says another. Write this blog post, says one hastily scrawled entry. My personal favourite, the one that's written every single week, is the one that says Go for a walk. I never do this one, no matter how hard I plough through the rest of my to do lists. Sunday is never lazy in my world, it's always busy and I'd feel lost without knowing that Sunday is a day of work, not rest.

I rely on lists in order to keep myself organised, otherwise I'm just the biggest scatterbrain in the history of the world. Yet everyone I know calls me the most organised person they have ever met. Weird, right? But a great compliment nonetheless. I have a notebook, or, rather, over the years, several of them, filled with all my to do lists. I started when I was about seventeen, one of the many things I picked up at college while training in Business Administration: Write it all down, and you won't forget. It suddenly applied to my home life too, and when I started holding down a seriously busy day job. It organised me, kept me focussed and kept me remembering things.

I don't have a bad memory really, I remember so much, the little things from over the years, except my brain is a very active one, filled with ideas, thoughts, daydreams, it helps having a prompt to make sure I don't forget anything. Except lately, I'm becoming more and more lazy. I wrote a to do list of things to do during the week, the other week. And it took about two weeks for me to complete everything, but I did it. Ironically it's all easy stuff, and I just feel like lately I'm more and more tireder as the days go on. And tiredness and can't-be-bothered go hand in hand, don't they? Is it the winter and the wet weather causing all this lack of energy or desire to do anything or something bigger?

Either way, procrastination is a pain in the backside. Why sit around on the computer or in front of the TV when you could actually be achieving the stuff you really want?

I plan, once the Christmas period is upon us, to rest, recover a bit, and finally get my energy back. When New Year and spring comes, the world can look out. Hopefully Rach, the list making go getter will be back in force soon.


Wednesday Words is my new attempt at writing a little bit every Wednesday documenting untold stories from my life and some of my own personal embarrassing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?