Sunday, 30 December 2012

Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt - December 2012

It's December! Eek! How is it December? (standard response to the end of every month in 2012 so far) I can't believe it's nearly the end of the year, it has gone by so fast. I have achieved a lot this year: I've began to find out who I am as a person, and try new things. I've been published, in the local media (twice), and in a charity book. I've gone paddling in the sea when it's been raining, I've spent time with my family, I've started a visual diary and continued to take a photo a day for an entire year. I've kept this blog up. I'm starting to think about the things I'd like to try next, the ideas I want to explore. Either way, 2012 hasn't been all that bad, it's had its' ups and downs, like every other year. So I guess it's time to get ready to plough through another year!

And, of course, it's time to show you my CPSH for the month!

Something I Made

Something I Made: The local newspaper's photography competition, again. I wasn't credited this time which was a bit annoying, as everyone else was, but I had more fun spotting my photo while spending a few minutes reading the newspaper! I found it at about half ten at night though, when we were all settling down for bed, and my excited shouts of "Oh my god, I'm in the newspaper again!" startled everyone! It wasn't my first published photo this month, I'm also appearing in an e-book for charity, courtesy of the guys at Handpicked Media. You can check the book out here. (You're welcome.)

Inspiration

Inspiration: My visual diary is still going from strength to strength. I really enjoy sitting down and giving it time and energy, I do it every evening for about twenty minutes. I recently purchased some more Berols (this time I bought the Brush pens), some Crayola crayons and some watercolour cakes. I finally painted the front cover of my sketchbook as it's made of canvas, and it felt GOOD. So my inspiration for this month are the things that make my visual diary possible. The supplies.

Best present ever.

Tradition: It was Christmas on Tuesday, so, after our annual giant mountain of turkey, roast potato and veggies (and a brief and slightly hilarious moment where we forgot the pigs in blankets, halfway through the meal) and stacking up the dishwasher, my Mum announced a new tradition! She gathered us into the living room, ran upstairs, and came back with three small wrapped presents. Mum then asked us to close our eyes, and to pick a present. So, I chose my present, and opened it: to discover a Lego torch keyring! I was so thrilled. It beats the cracker hats and bad jokes any day of the week!

Gifts

Gift: I had so many awesome presents this year, everything I could possibly imagine and then some, and everything I loved. I can't choose a favourite so I've put down a few things. Two new books, including the one photography book I've always wanted to read but haven't been able to (it's so popular it keeps selling out!) and it's absolutely brilliant. I've not even made a dent in it yet but I just have a feeling it's one of those books that will teach me so many brilliant techniques, and I can't wait to get stuck in!

Stars

Motif - Stars: Every night, when I go to sleep, I look at my ceiling and see these. My glow in the dark stars. I love them, I've had them for donkeys' years and no matter how many times I redecorate my room, they are the first thing to go back up. I love being able to look up and see the stars, no matter how overcast it is outside.

And that's me for another month, and indeed another year. OMG. So, yes, I can't wait to see everyone's entries for this month too! Have a good one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?