Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Wednesday Words: Random Outbursts Of Gangnam Style

wednesdaywords copy

Tenby 2012

I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I appear to be completely, 100%, off the walls hyper lately. I feel like a bottle of lemonade, shaken up, its' bubbles dancing to the surface in parallel lines, the unbelievably loud fizz as the bottle opens, unable to contain itself no longer... until...

We bought a new toaster yesterday. One that can cook baked beans or eggs alongside your toast. I KNOW, RIGHT? I saw it in the Argos catalogue a few months ago, and showed my family. The overwhelming response was, "Oh my god that is bad ass, we need it in our lives, stat!" - and I mean, seriously, who wants to use a pan alongside the toaster to cook a poached egg? Too much effort, right? (Admittedly, I am the laziest person ever and I'm not a fan of dropping the egg poachers into the hot water) And getting the timing just right so that the yolk doesn't go really hard and stuff? If it can do it all in one then it's good enough for me!

So we went into Argos to pick the toaster up (after I reserved it using my iPhone app, which is amazing in itself) and as the shop assistant put the reservation number through and read the items out her face lit up. "A Tefal Toast 'n Bean?" "THAT'S THE ONE! HA HA!" I almost shrieked back, a bit taken aback by my volume, but still. "I swear, she's just like a big kid!" laughs the shop assistant to my Mum. We all laughed. I like being a big kid. I even bought a Kinder Egg yesterday.

Toaster purchased, I then did Gangnam Style in the middle of Asda while Jessie J was playing. I don't know why I was doing it but either way it was fun! And I was tomato red afterwards, but I didn't care. Oppa Gangnam Style!

If you do one thing with your life, promise me you'll do it with purpose. To play, to have fun, to laugh, to joke, to look with wonder, to explore, to do silly things, to create memories. And most of all, do it with a smile on your face. These are the days I will remember most, not just because I did Gangnam Style along to the tannoy in Asda or because I bought a badass toaster (makes a mean poached egg muffin, by the way) - it's because I had fun doing it with the people who mean the most to me. Have fun. It's the only way.



Wednesday Words is my new attempt at writing a little bit every Wednesday documenting untold stories from my life and some of my own personal embarrassing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?