Friday, 30 November 2012

Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt - November 2012

Whoa, November! I can't believe it's one day until December - last month of the year, and what a year it's been. November was a... wait for it... busy month. I've been getting back into my creative side, getting the Berols out and my sketchbook and trying new skills. I've been hugely inspired by some new things in my life and been treated with great generosity by my friends this month, for which I am seriously grateful. Right, let's get down to business!

Something I Made

Something I Made - A wish jar. It ties in with my inspiration for the month, but basically I got an empty beetroot jar, peeled off the label, gave it a hot wash in the dishwasher, made a luggage tag label and just need to cut a slot in the metal lid. It's going to hold wishes written on small pieces of paper, it might seem like a random thing to do but I'm going to give it a go. You never know, it might come true.

Living Out Loud by Keri Smith

Inspiration - Keri Smith, Living Out Loud. This book was sent to me by a lovely friend and I absolutely love it! As the back of the book says, it's about playing - and by playing it fosters creativity. It appeals to me as someone who finds wonder in the smallest of things, and I've never grown up anyway, so it's well up my street! There are so many different activities to try out in the book... and making a wish jar was one of them!

History

History - My visual diary. I have a new sketchbook and it has a canvas cover which is fully customisable. I love it (and I've not customised the front cover yet, I need to get some water-based powder paints as I've got plans for it!) and have started a visual diary, like a written diary but more colourful and maybe less warts and all - focussing on the highlights of my day, thoughts and wisdom, and it gives me chance to doodle a bit! It's history for me, as I'm going to look back on this in a year, maybe two years and have a long lasting memory of what I've been doing!

In Lieu Of Tealights

Flames - Or maybe not. On Halloween (I know this is a bit of cheating here...) we ran out of gas in our candle light clicker and had no matches, so we ended up putting a torch in the pumpkins... fail!

November the 5th

Fireworks - Here's my first ever fireworks photo! I talked about it here, I am so proud of it!

Either way, that was my month in pictures! I can't wait to see everyone else's entries. See you next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?