Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Wednesday Words: Stripes

wednesdaywords copy

Halloween pumpkin

It was a Monday, and as I had a sacred day off we decided to go shopping. After a few hours touching base with food shopping (and me finally tracking down the scarf I wanted, yay!) we popped into the local shopping centre just for a quick browse. As it was half term, and the shops were halfway between Christmas and Halloween (you can just imagine it - skeletons wearing Santa hats and Christmas trees covered in black cats) - there were tons of kids milling around with their slightly exasperated parents. I was wearing, as you do, a white and berry red (or should that be oxblood? You never can tell with these things) Breton stripey top, navy jeans and my new favourite necklace (handmade by moi) - as we were walking through the entrance, to nip into M&S, there was the most peculiar sight I have ever seen.

A rather tall, beardy man with long dark robes on, who I believe was Hagrid, was just wandering about when I spotted his friend Harry Potter, in his school uniform*. I looked over, a bit confused, when our eyes met one another. Before I knew it Potter started waving his wand at me and announcing in a voice loud enough to wake the dead:

"Look over there Hagrid! Some burglar seems to escaped from prison! Look!"

Everyone turned and stared right at me, in my stripes, and shot me amused glances as Harry and Hagrid walked on.

"Thanks mate!" I called after him and ran into M&S, half giggling and half annoyed.


* - they were lookalikes, by the way.

Wednesday Words is my new attempt at writing a little bit every Wednesday documenting untold stories from my life and some of my own personal embarrassing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?