Sunday, 30 September 2012

Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt: September 2012

Hello and welcome to this month's CPSH! This month I'm hosting the topics for September, and hilariously enough, found it difficult to get all of the topics covered. Silly me! But I did it, which is the main thing.

How was your September? Mine was okay, mostly blotted by a hideous cold/flu thing which is still lingering around. Trust me, you don't want it, it's really unpleasant! Quite a few things have happened this month, the sort of month where a load of loose ends and awkward situations crop up! Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. And maybe my to do list will look a bit shorter. Who knows?

This month, we have the following lovely bloggers taking part in CPSH alongside me. Don't be shy, pop along and say hello!

Margot at Tulsi Crafts
Sally at Diario
Starla at Cinders and Rain
Emma at The Gift Shed
Ruth at The Goldhawk Project

If you've taken part, do leave me a comment with a link to your post and I'll put you on the list! Next weekend I shall have a good look through everyone's entries and make a Favourites post. I can't wait to see everyone's entries!

Here are my entries for the month!

Something I Made

Something I Made: Chocolate and salted caramel mug cake. Oh boy. I made this today on a whim (and because I hadn't really made anything this month so I needed something for this part of the CPSH!) and it was lovely! I used this recipe, omitted the baking powder as I used self raising flour, and popped a dollop of salted caramel sauce in the mixture instead of salted caramels. Where do you get actual salted caramels from in this country?! I should have done it at one minute thirty seconds instead of two minutes for a more gooey cake, but it was still really enjoyable.

Inspiration

Inspiration: Just My Type - I received this book from my Secret Friend and I began reading it this month. I love it! Within reading one chapter I discovered so much about the origins of Comic Sans and a bit about Microsoft Bob (I shrieked out loud when I read it, Microsoft Bob was on my very first computer) - I've learnt a lot about all kinds of different fonts, their origins and the people behind them. It's a seriously fascinating book, and I promise you'll never look at the fonts on the computer or on signs or in books or magazines the same way again. Wonderful stuff.

Doodles

Doodles/Drawings: I got my sketchbook out because I was a bit bored, and because I had a hankering to draw my breakfast. Fruit Loops with soya milk, and a big glass of orange juice in my Union Jack glass. Done very shorthand, and because I'm a bit rubbish at drawing, but it pretty much sums up my breakfast. In other random news, why are there barely any orange Fruit Loops? Weird.

Autumn colours

Season's Change: Our neighbour has a big tree, and it's starting to change colour now. It's funny, really, as very often now I'll look out of my window and watch groups of leaves flying through the air. It's raining leaves! Or something. It's rained a lot this month too, which is probably why I've not seen many crunchy leaves on the ground, instead I've just seen a load of mulchy damp ones...

Blogboard

Motif - Music: If you follow me on Instagram (@rachiebaby) you'll probably notice I snap photos of what I'm listening to a lot! This picture doesn't sum up what I listen to all of the time. I've listened to a lot of really awesome stuff in September, mainly because loads of new albums have been released. Nelly Furtado, Pink, No Doubt... it's like I'm fourteen again! But sometimes it's the random stuff that appears in shuffle that I end up Instagramming... this month I snapped Avril Lavigne (ha!), Green Day, Pink, and Janelle Monae...

So that's me, for this month! I can't wait to see everyone's entries. See you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?