Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Wednesday Words: Sparkly, Shiny Things

wednesdaywords copy

Untitled

In my room, I have a purple leather box, nestled on top of my drawers. It's not a big box, by any means, but, when opened, it provides me with a huge collection of sparkly, glittery, shiny things to choose from.

You guessed it, I'm talking about my jewellery box. For a fairly small box I have enough jewellery to sink a battleship (or two) - necklaces, hairclips, bracelets, bangles, brooches. I don't do earrings, because I have a stupendous fear of needles and the idea of having a needle poked my ear lobe (for the pleasure of a pair of studs) is enough to make me say, er, hell no! Plus there's all that turning involved, and, since I often go au naturel when it comes to accessories, I'd probably stop wearing earrings altogether and find a month or so later that the holes in my ear lobes have closed up. So, no, no earrings here.

I love long necklaces, the ones that don't require a fiddly clasp at the back to do up (that's my least favourite job, ever, and it always often requires a good friend to do the honours for me) - I like simple but quirky designs, but nothing too tacky. One of my favourite necklaces EVER is my name necklace from Heidi Seeker, it's big and bold and goes with everything. I also have a small and well loved collection of pieces from the sadly now defunct Lady Luck Rules OK! as well - those were the days. I often find a long necklace adds a bit of character to a fairly plain outfit! Either that or a scarf, of which I have many. (I haven't counted, too scared)

If there's one thing I really enjoy throwing on with an outfit, it's bracelets. I have three or four that I wear together, all black, some studded, some all studs, a few beads and a retro heart shaped bangle for good measure. I like to think my style is kind of quirky and I do love dressing a bit rock chick-y with a feminine edge to it, and these bracelets are honestly never off my wrist! Sometimes I love a nice ring or two as well but most of the time I can't be bothered since they're often way too small for my big fingers...

And, funnily enough, writing all of this has made me desperately wanting more, so I'm off to go looking...


Wednesday Words is my new attempt at writing a little bit every Wednesday documenting untold stories from my life and some of my own personal embarrassing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?