Saturday, 4 August 2012

Dress: Super Saturday

UK Fashion Blog

Bunting socks.

Top: George at Asda / Purple jeans: Long Tall Sally / Necklace: ASOS / Socks: Topshop / Shoes: Converse (not pictured) / Sunglasses: Topshop (not pictured)

Yep, it's Super Saturday. Every Saturday is always a Super Saturday in my book, but it's even more of a Super Saturday if you've been following the Olympics like I have - twenty five medals are up for grabs today and Team GB are doing quite well on the medal front lately so you never know. (I never thought I'd actually be interested in sport, especially not athletics and stuff but I've been hooked!)

Today I felt like a super Saturday outfit - I was only doing a bit of light shopping but as with anything that involves going outside, I absolutely have to dress up for it! You could say that purple jeans are tricky to style, but really, they're not. Because the purple jeans are so incredibly vivid (we're talking violet in bright light and a deep plum in a dark room) I decided to pair it with black and white polka dots. This top is an absolute bargain at just £6, from George at Asda. As a tall girl I was a bit dubious about trying on a top in a regular length but I was pleasantly surprised at how long it is when it's on. And I just love the Peter Pan collar, too. For anyone who does own a pair of coloured jeans and is wondering how on earth they should style them, it's fairly easy, really! Go with black for a toned down look, contrast with another colour, or even try wearing a top in a similar hue for a full on colour blocking effect. Don't be afraid of colour!

I decided that I needed to add just a tiny bit more spice to this purple and polka dot combo so I added my new favourite necklace from ASOS - the lightening bolt. I have a serious thing for lightening bolts - I think it's the rock chick in me crying out for attention! I also wore my cateye sunglasses and leopard print Converse (not pictured here, but you can see them here when I first had a go at doing an outfit post) which added another element of awesome to my outfit. And no shoes can go without socks (at least not when I'm wearing them) so I decided, in honour of living in such a beautiful and brilliant country, that I would wear my new favourite bunting socks from Topshop. I keep looking at my feet at the moment, and no, I'm not weird, I just love my new socks...

So, there you have it. That's my Super Saturday for you - all dressed up. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?