Friday, 31 August 2012

Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt: August 2012

Hi everyone! It's time for another CPSH!

This month was awesome, I had a holiday, which I loved, made cookies, had a lot of surprises and worked hard. I can't believe it's September tomorrow. I'm also excited because it's officially Autumn (no longer having to say it under my breath when it tips down with rain...) and it means hot chocolate, wrapping up warm, apple crumble and soya custard, and rice pudding and crunchy brown leaves and... I'll stop now. I'm excited. Meanwhile, here's my month in photos!

Cookie? #yum

Something I Made! I made chocolate cookies and they were amazing. They're my failsafe recipe for when I fancy anything sweet, and to top it off, they're dairy free too. You can see the recipe here. I can't wait to make more...

Inspiration.

Inspiration. It's nearly Autumn, so my new slouchy beanie hat from ASOS is getting me all excited and geared up for the colder weather and walks in the woods. I've tried it on, and I think I might look a bit like Ian Beale from Eastenders in it, but I don't mind, I like it!

Surprise!

Surprise! I was at home when there was a loud knock on the door. I went to answer it and was greeted by our usual lovely delivery man. He hands me the box. "You been indulging in more retail therapy?" he laughs. "Well, not really..." I start to say while he laughs and I realise that the box I've got in my hands is REALLY heavy. (I also thought at this point that I didn't realise the ink cartridges I ordered from Amazon were going to be this big!) After having a quick chat (we're friendly folk in this neck of the woods) I shut the door and open the box to an amazing parcel of two books: The Encyclopedia Of Typography and a book about the history of fonts called Just My Type. Two books about fonts and typefaces? This is my idea of heaven! I have no idea who sent it to me, but it was an ace surprise. Thank you! :D

Old.

Old. We did some clearing out in the attic (and me, in my bookcase) and have got a little bag of old books to give to friends, and folders for anyone doing their studies. I feel lighter already! (also, the books in question were proofs and they were free, so, you know, less guilt again!)

Motif: Hearts.

Motifs: Hearts - Here's my favourite fleece blanket, £4 in Tesco two years ago (Valentines' Day special, ha!), but it's a great snuggly naptime companion, and it's so cuddly! It also looks fab used as a throw, too.

That's me for this month! Please join me for September's CPSH, I shall be posting the topics list on Sunday (as it's my traditional Do All The Things! day and it'll be on my to do list!) and I can't wait to see you all! Have fun, and I can't wait to read everyone's entries...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?