Saturday, 6 August 2011

Lazy Saturday Chocolate Cake

I have to thank the amazing Allie In Wonderland for this as it's originally her blog post which I followed in order to make this (however I halved the ingredients as I only fancied a little bit of cake) - but it has to be done! I wanted to make something sweet this Saturday but despite having just plain flour I just couldn't be bothered to do anything cakey or involving standing up for too long (long, busy, tiring week - enough said really) so I bunged all the ingredients in a bowl, mixed it all together and hit Start on the microwave. And it took all of fifteen minutes, if that!

This makes enough for two people, using a cereal bowl. It really is that easy.


You need:

4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (or Cadbury's drinking chocolate, like I did!)
The teeniest eeniest little bit of baking powder on a teaspoon (a quarter, well, not even that!)
1 beaten egg
3 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons of sunflower oil (I used Flora, which is heart healthy - total irony here considering I'm making chocolate cake but I really appreciate the thought)

Tools: One cereal bowl, a mug (for the egg), a tablespoon and a teaspoon. A microwave... And a dishwasher.

Let's get started, shall we?!




First, add flour, then sugar, then cocoa. Then the teeniest eeniest little spot of baking powder. Dry ingredients always stick together.



Then I added milk and oil.


Beat up an egg. Poor Humpty Dumpty.


Add the egg to the mixture and it looks just a bit like caramel. Lovely.



iPhone cameras really are terrible, aren't they? I didn't fancy lugging my Canon all the way downstairs just to make cake though.

Oh, wait, I meant to say beat the mixture together!


Then put the mixture in the microwave (800w) for two minutes exactly. Watch it rise and get hugely excited. And get the icecream out ready.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cake. Split it in half and devour with a friend and plenty of ice cream. Brilliant.

Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?