Sunday, 15 May 2011

ONO Oh Noes

Cake!

So I tried ONO this morning, following on from yesterday's post about my new discovery: Overnight Oats.

It was very easy to make, but unfortunately when it came to the part when I had to eat it, there were several problems:

Firstly, the ONO was very, very stodgy. I thought I had put enough liquid in (and the yoghurt) but it was stiff as a board this morning, like a rock, so I realised that maybe I hadn't put in enough liquid. Which was such a shame.

Putting the dried fruit in overnight was also a bad move as it stained and discoloured the ONO and made it look quite unappealing. Booooo!

When I did eat it (after giving it a good stir, and realising that the mixture stuck to my spoon (!) and when I turned it upside down the mixture stayed on the spoon (double !!!!)) I found the texture absolutely fine, I didn't mind it being cold, as it was very cold, and not in a lukewarm I-forgot-to-eat-my-breakfast kind of way either. But... it just didn't work for me. I was eying up the Shreddies opposite me and thinking... God, I could really go for it right now. And, after ploughing through the whole thing, I did. It was like I hadn't eaten in years.

You might enjoy ONO, and I know people do, but sadly it's not quite for me. It's not to say I won't rule it out in the future, but for now I think I'll be sticking to hot porridge.

And I had no pictures of the ONO so I used one of my cake photos instead.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your recipe I definitely don't think you used enough liquid! I use 1:1 oats and liquid, plus a teaspoon of yogurt - you need more than just a splash! Obviously not everyone's going to like it, but I hope you'll give it another go sometime. But then I am a little bit obsessed...

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?