Friday, 6 May 2011

Blog Redesigns & Fail Moments

I thought I'd take it upon myself to redesign my blog. I don't know why but the old design was really, really bright, and it worried me slightly that people weren't coming to read as they were coming away with migraines! So I decided upon a softer palette. I had a really good think about things (and I like thinking) and originally wanted to go for a cream/chocolate brown palette but wondered if it would be too boring. I had an idea for using a floral print, but then decided against that as everyone is doing it! I almost made a photo mashup (and in fact, I did) of random pictures I'd taken, which looks like this:

awesomeladybackground

I even took a sneaky camera drawing out of my previous Daily Snap photo! But when it came down to it the tile format on the blog looked silly and like it had very obviously been repeated. So I took the camera doodle out and turned it into the current background I have now. Me being difficult I'm still not 100% happy but then I am a bit of a perfectionist.

I also mucked around with the basic templates Blogger give you and chose Simple. I prefer simple. It's just like me, simple (only kidding, honest guv) and it looks so much cleaner against the background. It doesn't feel like a kid's been let loose on Blogger, that's for sure. I still don't know about that background, though.

I also gave my logo a quick colour change, and true to Awesome Lady form, I still don't 100% feel happy with it. It will do for now until my eureka! moment hits me.

I found Twitter, too. I am addicted. It's like writing text messages, to the world, and you can find my widget on the right hand side if you fancy adding me.

Anyway, when I changed the background to the one I had now I was seriously close to throwing my computer out of the window as the template had very slyly hidden the .jpg link I had to change. I admit I am a bit of a coder, I learnt a lot while I was at school (and trumped my IT teacher when they started teaching the class HTML because I knew it all anyway and then some) but over the years (and I was one of the very first people to start blogging (back when people thought Blogging was Joe Bloggs in a bobsleigh) but gave it up because I got bored) I lost my uber awesome skillz, so to speak. I still know stuff though, I'm picking it all up again like it's an old mate I haven't seen for years. And you know... there's always Google.

Please let me know what you think of my blog, and the redesign, and any tips for HTML as I am so rusty it's untrue!

PS: I forgot to mention my fail moment of the day. I got shampoo in my eye this morning. Not just one, but both. FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you, I'm not at home
Please leave a comment on my comment box... er, phone?